I couldn't post about it on Monday, because we didn't tell my family... but we are now in Florida. We left Sunday afternoon after church, spent that night in Illinois, Monday night in Georgia and made it in on Tuesday evening. Tuesday evening, we already had it set up with my inlaws to eat supper with them and for the kids to spend the night there. We rode down to my parents' house (8 miles) before Mama left for the night (to go to the hospital).
We had chosen not to tell my family, because as Glenn said, "why give them anything else to worry about- worrying about us while we travel, etc." What an emotional time it was when we arrived at the door! I am so glad we came now instead of later.
Yesterday was when I saw my Daddy. I spent several hours with him, and from 4 p.m. until 10 p.m., it was just us. That was certainly special, even though it was heart breaking at the same time.
Today, I am at 'home' (where I grew up), doing some cleaning, going to make supper later for everyone, etc. Glenn and Cala have gone now to see Daddy and pick Mama up for the evening. We will take her back at 10 p.m. I however will be spending the night tomorrow night, alone with Daddy. I want my Mama to rest here at home. They've been married 51 years. This is surely taking some adjusting to, I am positive.
As I sat there last night I began thinking back to when I was a kid... hearing Daddy snore made me feel safe, at least knowing that he was there, and all was well- he could and would fight off any 'bad guy' should there be one to appear. Here however, last night, as I sat in the hospital with him, listening to his bi-pap machine (for sleep apnea), I thought about how while I still knew he was there, all was not well. There indeed was a 'bad guy' in the room, by the name of Cancer. This is a monster that Daddy can't take care of, and soon, I will be without my Daddy that I love so very much.
Grief has begun.
2 comments:
Hope you're not near any of the horrible weather in FL!
Know that I'm praying!
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Still here praying!
Psalms 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Post a Comment