Sunday, February 15, 2009

God blessed today even when we weren't expecting it... a church member called last night to say their entire family was sick, evidently have what we all had (and I am still battling). We certainly feel for them...it's rough.

However, we had 3 visitors this morning! That was great. One is a woman who will be attending for a couple of months while she and her husband are house sitting. They are from Texas. The other was a young man that attended a few times last fall- he and his sister (who is visiting from North Dakota) came this morning. We pray he comes back next week!

And so, even when you think you'll be down in attendance, God blesses. To be completely honest here, this morning I wasn't feeling like going. I thought about staying home but pressed on. I am so glad I did.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today was the last Sunday my husband had off....did I tell you he had a three week vacation? Back to work next week!

We sang this hymn in church today and it really touched my heart. Wanted to share it. Am here praying!

1. Speak, O Lord, Thy servant heareth,
To Thy Word I now give heed;
Life and spirit Thy Word beareth,
All Thy Word is true indeed.
Death's dread power in me is rife;
Jesus, may Thy Word of Life
Fill my soul with love's strong fervor
That I cling to Thee forever.

2. Oh, what blessing to be near Thee
And to hearken to Thy voice!
May I ever love and fear Thee
That Thy Word may be my choice!
Oft were hardened sinners, Lord,
Struck with terror by Thy Word;
But to him who for sin grieveth
Comfort sweet and hope it giveth.

3. Lord, Thy words are waters living
Where I quench my thirsty need;
Lord, Thy words are bread life-giving,
On Thy words my Soul doth feed.
Lord, Thy words shall be my light
Through death's vale and dreary night;
Yea, they are my sword prevailing
And my cup of joy unfailing.

4. Precious Jesus, I beseech Thee,
May Thy words take root in me;
May this gift from heaven enrich me
So that I bear fruit for Thee!
Take them never from my heart
Till I see Thee as Thou art,
When in heavenly bliss and glory
I shall greet Thee and adore Thee.

Suz said...

That's great news Amy! I'm glad to hear this news of growth!

Lynn said...

Know that I'm here praying right now!
Isaiah 26:4 Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.

Anonymous said...

It's a privilege to be able to pray for your family!
Isaiah 40:28-31 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.