Monday, June 14, 2010

On "vacay"


After church, we headed on the road. We have made it safely to Bismarck, ND where we will spend tonight (actually at this point, the next 6 hours- since we hope to leave tomorrow early to head to Montana).

We are already making memories and just really happy to be together on this trip!

The pictures from today show you a bit about our day... we noticed we would need gas probably before we ever made
it to Bismarck. North Dakota, being sparse in "amenities", we knew we needed to stop the first chance we got. We saw a sign saying this exit had gas and took off. We laughed when at first we thought this was the place they were talking about- what at one time was a gas station, now a therapeutic massage clinic! I just had to have a picture though... if you could tell it in this picture, you would see the price of gas here was last .32 cents a gallon. I sure wish I knew what year these pumps are from!

As for the current place of business? Not open on Sunday and still very old style pumps from "my day".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I recall it was the late 70'2 when gas started heading up so had to be before then...
Hope you have a great vacation!
Christ Himself gives us these promises. Know that I'm here praying!
Revelation 21:5-7 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Suz said...

That's a fun memory too! That looks like Goober's gas station on Andy Griffith!