Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Kitten post


Here's the latest member to join our family! We named her "Keeska" or the Russian word for kitty. I did give Cala the job of a middle name for her, and she came up with "Matroshka" (Russian nesting doll). So, our please meet our kitten,
"Keeska Matroshka"
She's special to me for a couple of reasons. See, my husband has always said he "despises" cats. He just really doesn't like them. However, the "psychologist" in me (lol) says that's because as a child, he had a cat that he loved and it died.
ANYWAY!, on our 10th anniversary (which has now been almost 3 1/2 years ago), Glenn presented with something I thought I would never have once marrying him! (we lived in Russia)- he brought me a beautiful Russian blue cat! I named him Nikita and I loved him so very much! However, it just wasn't feasible to bring him to the states, so Nikita now lives in a home where he is as equally loved.
I must add that I wasn't sure my heart was up to another cat, but it was GLENN once again, who came home with the idea. Last week, he brought a flyer home from then grocery store that was telling about this 9 week old calico kitten with a stunning coat. (Free to a good home). I called, no answer. It was the following day when we got in touch with them, went to get the kitten, and surprised Cala at school! Actually, we brought the cat home praying the whole way it wouldn't "meow", but it did. I coughed really loudly to cover it up. The expression on Cala's face was priceless as she opened up what we called, "an early Family Christmas present."
We are all now in love with Keeska, and she seems to love even the boys who follow her, pick her up- love on her!
** Pray for us- Glenn, Cala and I are all feeling pretty lousy. There is a cough/cold going around our town here. SEVERAL kids are out of school sick right now. **

2 comments:

kate said...

Kraseva! She's beautiful. (And I like the new blog-look, too.)

Anonymous said...

Amy, she is a beautiful kitty. I'm so happy for you.

How cold is it there? Every time I see it snowing in your neck of the woods on the news, I think about you and how coooolddd you must be, sister!