Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This Part TWO

A few days ago, I posted "Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This".... yesterday I couldn't even begin to post because I was still exhausted from the events of yesterday.....

It all started out so well.... I went to Wal-mart alone to do grocery shopping. I was very happy that I felt so well (fibromyalgia wise- very little pain- pain I could live with). All was great in the world.

I enjoyed my time in Wal-mart, yes even grocery shopping, I was having fun! lol I went on over to the kids sections', checked out the clearance- got Cala two new shirts (3 dollars each!), and a pair of jeans for 9 dollars! (she is sooooo rough on jeans!). I moseyed on over to the pharmacy side, picked up some deodorant and proceeded to check out.

All was great. Did I mention all was right with the world?! lol

It was when I got out to the van that things changed..... I couldn't find my cell phone! I panicked. I looked in the grocery bags, nothing... I re-checked and re-checked my coat pockets, my jeans pockets, my purse. Nothing. Not there. I really panicked! I went back in the store, asked all along the way as I re-traced my steps. Remember how I went through all sections of the store?! Yikes.... I was now in such a hurry to find the cell phone, I picked up my pace from brisk to almost running. I went to the cash register again, I went to customer service. No cell phone. The cashier asked me what type of phone it was... I felt stupid as I went blank! I replied, "I just know it's red, it's a flip phone, and it has a Florida phone number". ha

I had just talked to Glenn not 10 minutes earlier. I was in the cottage cheese/sour cream aisle. I thought about who was around me at the time...... did I mindlessly leave it sitting out and someone took it? No, just two sweet old ladies were around me then. Hmmm........ unless they were great at "what they did", then uh, no.

Once I gave in to "defeat", I went to the van to come home. I kept thinking that if I hadn't made that call to Glenn (actually to Ethan). Then I immediately thought "at LEAST I GOT to call Ethan". You see, Ethan was leaving for school before I got back and was SAD about me not getting home first (which is a FIRST for him- means he's attaching more to me! YAY!). I promised to call him, and I did. I was then choosing to see it as a "at least I got to call Ethan" moment.

On the way home, I got that sinking feeling of "what if someone DID lift my phone from my purse- better check for your credit cards, etc." I started feeling through my purse- and couldn't find my debit card! I pulled over and checked thoroughly. At last I found it (not in its normal place- I had "thrown" it in at the cash register.).

I got home, told Glenn my tale, said, "I just couldn't go to the post office yet before coming here... Please call my cell phone, just in case someone answers." And then.... Glenn went to unload the groceries for his distraught wife.

There in a bag that I was sure I had looked in, was my red, flip phone, SAMSUNG- T-Mobile cell phone! :o)

So, was all right in the world??? I went to the post office, and just broke down! Yes, I at this point cried like a baby. I don't know why. I have no clue- I called my Mama and Daddy! (hey! they have T-Mobile- it's free :o) I just felt at that moment like a big baby. Mama said perhaps I had looked in the same bag twice, it could happen to anybody, etc. etc.

I dried my tears, went in the post office, needed to buy a stamp for a large envelope, and it only cost 63 cents. Uh-oh- I am the worlds' worst about not keeping cash with me. A debit card had to be used for a whole 63 cents!!!!!!! The kind post office woman assured me that many folks are the same nowadays, not keeping cash. I went along my way.....

I called Glenn, asked him to please heat me up some leftover soup from a couple of days before, only to find there really wasn't a true serving size left, but at that point, I was happy to be home with my little bowl of soup! I went to the fridge for water, only to find none was cold! HA HA Yes, I laughed... it was so pitiful, better to laugh than cry!

I went to bed last night SO VERY EXHAUSTED, fibro making my feet and legs throb, but very happy to know that I truly had lost nothing, and I could at least sleep a few hours. Wouldn't you know it?? Too exhausted to fall asleep easily! lol

This morning, all is right in the world once more. :o)



No comments: