Saturday evening, Seth (age 28 months), announced to Papa (Glenn), "I no want a sippy cup no more!" "I not a baby". We took him at his word, and said, "Ok... no more sippy cup except for the van". All was well and he seemed very proud of himself at supper that night.
Yesterday morning during church, Seth was in my arms and whispered to me, "I want a sippy cup, Mama." I whispered back, "I thought you told Papa last night you don't want one anymore." Looking like he had been found out, he replied, "Yes, I said that, but now, I want a sippy cup." HA HA This child sometimes has near adult conversations. He cracks us up!
I said, "No, not now... I don't have one here, now hush son", and he fell asleep. While he slept, and I listened to Glenn preaching, my mind wandered I confess to thinking about how fast my children are growing up.
The local Christian radio station that we listen to here has a commercial that always makes me laugh and almost cry. It goes something like, "Ever notice how the stop light takes forever to change, but your children grow up in the blink of an eye?"
I'm trying to savor each moment with my 3 kids. All too soon they will be grown up.
No comments:
Post a Comment