Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Me and my Kids

Just a quick post to show you my kids and me on Mother's Day.

One morning a few weeks ago, I came out of the bathroom, not hearing my boys had come downstairs. I opened the door and screamed as there sat my sons indian style (or excuse me, "criss cross applesauce" as so many refer to it now! lol) right outside the door. They thought it was hilarious that they had scared Mama!!! Thus began a tradition of theirs to come downstairs in the morning and sit right there. They seem to think they still scare me each morning~!

Sunday morning however, I didn't hear them and simply thought it strange but that they just hadn't gotten up yet. I was wrong, for there they sat outside the bathroom door, sweetly smiling at me. Ethan said, "Happy Mutter's Day, Mama" and Seth chimed in with his slightly different pronunciation of, "Happy Mudder's Day, Mama". I about melted. I said, "Ah, how precious". They just smiled and smiled and began to hug me.

The day was a great one from start to finish! I was treated royally honestly, not having to do anything at all that day! Glenn made all three meals that day, and he along with Cala cleaned up. Remember the chain that a few weeks back Seth chewed? (the one that held my children's birthstone charms?). Glenn and the kids gave me a new chain, so I am now able to wear that again! They also gave me a book by Karen Kingsbury, called, "A Treasury of Adoption Miracles." From what I've read so far, it really looks good. I will be sure to give you updates as I read it :o)

I hope each of you out there had a good Mother's Day. To those whose children have yet to come home, may this be the last lonely Mother's Day you'll ever have. For years, pre-Cala, Mother's Day was miserable for me. It was just a reminder of the baby I lost to miscarriage (I've since lost another one, but while equally sad, that was after Cala), and a reminder of my arms being empty.

As you can see from the picture, my arms are full, very very full ! I am a woman truly blessed!

1 comment:

Traci Vanderbush said...

I'm so happy for you that your arms are full of children on Mother's Day! I really admire you for adopting. Your children are blessed. By the way, I was wondering where you are in Minnesota. My father-in-law is an evangelist and he lives in Ruthon, MN. I don't know if you've heard of him or not....check the website:
http://www.vanderbushministries.com
He's known as the 'cow-barn preacher'.
God bless you.