I really didn't intend not to post all week! It just so happened that last week was something else! Last Monday morning, as Glenn was stepping down to the garage (to take Cala to school), he fell. We had just noticed the night before that the step had come loose. Glenn hurt his middle back and was out of commission for most of the week. That left me to do all I normally do plus a lot of what he takes care of, so last week sort of got away from me!
We were all thrilled that Glenn was able to make it on Friday. It was Cala's class field trip to the Minnesota Zoo. It was planned several weeks ago for Glenn to be a chaperone, and when he fell, we were all concerned about him making that trip. Thank God he made it, was just a bit stiff, and had a great time! He was one of 4 or 5 fathers that went as chaperones. They were the majority!
A couple of weeks ago, Cala made this imprint of a zebra on a shirt for both her and Glenn. (they did this at school so they would be easily identified at the zoo).
This was taken Friday morning before they headed out.
Cala coming out of a cave at the zoo:

Of course, she was all smiles and full of stories when they returned Friday afternoon. Our weekly Family night was filled with zoo talk or the "joom" as Ethan calls it (no idea why!), and we even watched Cala and her brothers perform a "play" as if they were doing a dolphin show. We also had stuffed animals to play the part of the zoo animals. Glenn and I "visited" the zoo right in our living room. (of course I feel like I live in the zoo on some days with the top animals, but hey! that's a story for another day!) :o)

1 comment:
I love the shirts. What a great idea! It keeps the group together without having making them identifiable to the outside world. Did your school provide the shirts or did you?
Post a Comment