Saturday, June 09, 2007

Delays

What!? Do I not have anything to say?! Wow! I never knew I waited so long to post! We are staying busy- and as I write this, we are supposed to be in the van on the way to the airport, to pick up my inlaws. Problem is, they missed their plane- and so we wait to hear if they catch another one. They are on standby.

My kids however don't understand how we are only talking a delay of hours, and are very upset that Grandma and Grandpa "aren't coming." Of course, they will be here late tonight (after midnight) or in the morning, but the kids don't see it that way.

We are looking forward to my inlaws being here. I am one of those folks who are blessed with great inlaws and we get along very well. Same can be said for Glenn and my parents. I've always been happy about that since I know many people who can't say the same.

We are planning on Monday morning to head to Mt. Rushmore, where we'll stay 3 nights, return on Thursday sometime. We have lots planned with my inlaws. Then, when they head home in 2 weeks, we are literally dropping them off at the airport and heading to Florida, where we'll be for 2 1/2 weeks. When we return home, we'll be bringing my niece with us (she's 15), and she'll stay a week. I can hardly wait for all this! I feel like the kids myself!

No comments: