After missing their flight in Orlando, my inlaws flew standby to Minneapolis, arriving at 12:38 a.m. Sunday (after midnight on Saturday). They were of course very tired, but got here none the less, happy to be here. We got home and in bed by 2:30 a.m.!
Yesterday morning, we took off around 5 a.m. (I am so NOT a morning person), and arrived in Rapid City, South Dakota in the evening around supper time. (we are in the mountain time zone here). We are here until Thursday morning. What a great time we had yesterday on the way here, seeing the prairies where you can just imagine a wagon train coming across the way! After all, not much has changed at all in much of where we traveled- of course billboards are now seen and the occasional cell phone tower, but nothing else has changed it seems.
Today, we visited Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, and Bear Country, U.S.A. (a drive thru wildlife area). What a time we had! Mt. Rushmore is a must see! It was a place that throughout my life I wanted to visit. I was so impressed with the work that went into carving Mt. Rushmore. What detail ! I will post pictures when we get back home.
Tomorrow, we are heading to Deadwood, a city that is a national historic landmark! My father in law is really looking forward to that as he is big into the "Wild West" and Deadwood is where Wild Bill Hickock was shot and where Calamity Jane once roamed.
Since they have never been to Wyoming and none of us have been to Montana, we are hoping to cross into both these states tomorrow as well. (when planning this trip, Glenn and I did not realize how close we would be to Wyoming and Montana! We just "have" to cross into them to say we did! ha).
Going to bed tonight- exhausted but having a great time!
2 comments:
So glad you're having a good time with your inlaws.
I'm looking forward to seeing your pics of Mt Rushmore. That's one place I would really love to go see.
Go Montana! I was born and raised in Billings, MT so I'm a little baised!
Post a Comment