Today was the last Sunday morning service we will have in our home. Next Sunday begins us meeting in a nearby city, the city we feel God leading us to plant this church. It's exciting to us to see God working! This coming week, Glenn and the missionary staying with us will be super busy getting more invitations out, etc. Tomorrow, they are actually going to buy the materials needed to build a pulpit we can transfer with us to and from the meeting place.
We will still meet in our home on Wednesday nights for prayer meeting. I titled this "Melancholy Day" because I guess I know that this past year will be looked back upon as a special time in the life of this church, a time when God worked in our lives to draw closer to Him, praying for His direction for the church.
This past Friday our neighbors were supposed to come for a cook out but were unable to. They did so last night. We had a really good time! It's nice to be able to get to know our neighbors, something that we have missed. In Russia, I can recall our first apartment, where we knew very well the elderly lady next door whom we called, "babushka" or "Grandma" and the mobster across the hall. Lest you gasp, we lived next to a mobster in each of the four apartment buildings where we were in Russia. It was just expected! ha..... memories.......
1 comment:
Praying that your services in the new location go well!
Post a Comment