Saturday, October 20, 2007

Last Night

Last night I spent the night at the hospital. We finally convinced my Mama to go home and get some rest. Of course she called me wanting to know how he was, etc. I can see that it's not easy honestly for her to go home and not be with him. I can understand that. I can only imagine I would be the same way were it Glenn in that hospital bed.

It truly sounds strange to say I enjoyed my time with my Daddy, but I did to a degree. I enjoyed being able to be with him since this is the new reality we all must face.

After having a "good" day yesterday, he had a really bad night last night. Today he slept most all day. Mama and I spoke with a representative of Hospice to learn more about what they are all about. We have some decisions to make. We are leaving the final say so up to Daddy. Pray that all is according to God's will. No easy answers right now.

Please also pray for my oldest brother (lives in Paraguay) to be able to get here soon. He's working on changing his ticket (which is currently for Dec. 4th, arriving here the 5th). He needs to get here a.s.a.p. Daddy is waiting on him.

Tomorrow, church. Glenn is going to have a service with Daddy at the hospital. I think that will be nice for them both.

I will go back one night this coming week and stay the night again. In about a week, we think Daddy will come home. We have a lot to do in that time though to get their house ready. Pray for us.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers today.
Psalms 62:5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.

C.C. said...

Continuing to lift your entire family up in prayer!

Anonymous said...

Lifting you up in prayer right now!
Jude 1:20-21 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Anonymous said...

Keeping up with you and praying for you, sweetie. (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to let you know I'm still praying!
1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Anonymous said...

Praying!
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Anonymous said...

Praying!
Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Anonymous said...

I needed to read this verse today so hope it blesses you, too.
Still praying!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't been able to stop by for a while. Know that I continue to pray!
Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm still here praying!
1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray so very hard!
Psalms 46:1-5 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

Anonymous said...

Some very special words about the Lord's love and concern and His readiness to be there to help in time of need. Praying so for your needs right now!
Psalms 20:1-2, 6: The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee; Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion; 20:6 Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.