Monday, October 15, 2007

The Past Three Days

Cala's party on Saturday went very well! Most importantly, Cala has a great time! When all was said and done, there were 20 kids here and one adult that stayed a few minutes. The adult was one of our neighbors that we had yet to meet. That was really nice. They moved in while we were in Florida this past summer and although I kept meaning to get over there and meet them, one thing after another would keep me from doing so. Now, I wish we would have met weeks ago. We really had a good time talking Saturday!

Cala got lots of nice things and one funny thing she did: After everyone sang the traditional "Happy Birthday", they went into "How Old Are You?, How Old Are You?". As soon as they were done, Cala blew out her candles and said, "I may be small, but I'm 9 years old!" It was priceless and everyone laughed!

Following the party, I thought my feet would break. The invitations read 1-3 p.m. and so her classmates went home right after 3. The neighborhood kids though all stayed and played until I finally had to tell them Cala had to come in. That was near 6 p.m. Of course, I like having them here. I like knowing where my daughter is :o)

*****

Sunday: A lady came to church, stood in the back during the message (arrived late). She got gone before we could speak to her, but the building attendant said she told her that she had seen one of our flyers. We are uncertain as to whether or not she received an invitation at her home, or if she had seen a flyer at a local business. (we've checked, and thankfully our flyers have pretty much stayed put around the area).

God is working! He reminds us this just at the right time it seems. We are thankful for this.

*****

Today (Monday): Due to Cala having a fall break this week, and it being her actual birthday, we stayed on the road throughout the day. We had a great day celebrating her birth! We had a picnic type lunch and Cala chose our restaurant for supper. Tomorrow, we are planning to be gone most of the day again, taking in the fall colors and cool weather. This week is all about family. :o) I want our children to have great memories of times we spend together.

My Daddy: All continues "status quo" so far. I will continue to update as I get word.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On late tonight so picking a verse that has gotten me through so much. I hope it blesses you, too. Praying!
Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
Ps.46:10a, 11: Be still, and know that I am God...The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.

U.N. Mama said...

Thank you Lynn. I appreciate it very much.