Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Death of Family Friend

Just yesterday morning, a dear family friend died. This hit us hard. Her family has been quite close to us through the years. They were members of our church here in Florida (where I grew up and Daddy is Pastor) for many years. Then this lady's son in law (who grew up in our church here) became Pastor of a church and they eventually went there. Their grandson's wife is a close, close friend of mine.

This is just all very sad. Sis. H went into the hospital a couple of weeks ago with an infection that was never determined the cause. She eventually had a heart attack one night, another heart attack yesterday morning and died.

What struck me was that her daughter and son in law were here to visit Daddy this past week... the son in law came to not only visit Daddy but to work on a light that was having trouble in his room. They stayed a long time and never in their minds was the thought that their Mom/Mom-in-law would soon be gone.

What also struck me was that a few weeks ago, Sis. H of course knew of my Daddy's situation and never would have she known she would beat him to heaven. Wow. You just never know.

I must say I am glad that her funeral is being held at a different funeral home than is handling Daddy's viewing. (his actual funeral will be at church). I just don't know how I would handle that. After all, I passed by the funeral home last week, saw some mourners outside and bawled. I asked God to touch them, comfort them.

I do praise the Lord that tonight as I type this, Sis. H. is rejoicing in the presence of the Lord! That's great... sad for her family. They are surely devastated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, I'm so very sorry!!!!!!!! You really don't ever know. None of us is promised even the next 5 minutes so we really do need to live as if each moment could be our last.
Stopping by to let you know how much I care and that I'm always praying.
Psalms 18:6 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

Anonymous said...

I'm here praying right now.
Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.