All I could think about at the viewing tonight (Thursday) was how glad I was that it wasn't the same funeral home as where my Daddy's body will be. (There are two funeral homes in my home town here). I also couldn't help but be very sad and want to do nothing but run away, screaming as I ran.
It struck me tonight how people there were very sad of course, grieving, but yet others (visiting) were laughing. I thought how sad that must be for the grieving folks. Maybe that's just me, I don't know.
Tonight, I will be in the room with my Daddy... as I write this, it's almost 1 a.m. He's been dreaming, calling out for my youngest brother, as well as calling his oldest brother (who has been dead for many years now.). Tonight, he called out, "No, not tonight."
I can't help but be sad. I am losing the person who so much to me I can't begin to write the words.
10 comments:
There could be several reasons for the laughing. I guess it's a pretty common reaction at funerals. But it could also be that they were remembering some fun times. Maybe they were rejoicing that your friend is now Home! Still praying!
Psalms 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
Letting you know that I'm continuing to pray!
Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
I was surprised this morning to see a hymn added at the end of the service when we normally have silent prayer. I was distressed to see that it was "Abide With Me" because it's been many years since I've been able to sing that hymn without crying. Today was no exception. I want to share the verse that the hymn is based on as I continue to pray.
Luke 24:28 And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.
Know that I'm praying!
Isaiah 30:19b ...thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee.
Letting you know that I'm praying!
John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
No matter what the future holds, the Lord knows the "whys"...praying!
Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Know that I'm praying!
Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Continuing to pray!!!!!!!!!!!!
Isaiah 35:10 And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
How are you doing?
Praying right now!
Psalms 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
My husband preached on this text this morning. Wanted to share it with you. Still praying!
Philippians 4:4-7 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Post a Comment