Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bad News, Good News

Bad News - our refrigerator went kaput.

Good News- we will have a new refrigerator.

Bad News- it can't be delivered until one week from tomorrow.

Good News- we live in Minnesota and it's winter!

Bad News- we lost hamburger meat that I had just bought.

Good News- the freezer is still working and so we won't lose anything else.

Bad News- we will have to buy little bit along until the new refrigerator gets here

Good News- just as stated before, we live in Minnesota and it's winter!!!! We can put our milk in the garage (a gallon is in there now), and it will serve as a refrigerator.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Gotta love those cold winters -- they are good for some things. We do that all the time in winter. Our back patio becomes an extension of our frig. Sorry to hear that yours went, but praising the Lord with you that you have an "extended frig"!

Carolyn in NYC

Anonymous said...

If your refrigerator had to go, then best it went in the winter. We lost ours during the summer. Ack! Bummer on losing some meat though.

As for a new fridge ... I'd go with an LG bottom freezer. LG is highly rated by Consumer Reports, and bottom freezers have more room and freeze better. We got one last year and wouldn't trade it for anything. ;)

This link looks like the one we got:
http://common.csnstores.com/LG-19.7-Cu-Ft.-Bottom-Freezer-Refrigerator-with-Ice-Maker-in-White~img~UGS~UGS1003_a.jpg

Unknown said...

That's a great way to appreciate your winter! Here it would spoil in an hour!

Hope the week goes by quick!

Anonymous said...

So did you ever think you'd be happy it was this cold outside? Glad you didn't lose much!
Know that I'm here praying!
Isaiah 43:1-3a But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour...