This morning, Glenn carried Ethan to the doctor. Last week, Ethan showed us a bruise that he couldn't recall where he got it from... we thought no big deal because after all, he's a little boy! About three days ago, we noticed a knot or a lump right above the bruise (on his right leg). It began getting larger and hurting him.
Yesterday afternoon, the doctor's nurse said to definitely bring him in and so Glenn did. They think it's just a "blood blister." If it does not go away in two weeks from today or he gets a fever from it, we are to carry him back in right away to be sure that it's nothing more.
This afternoon, we carried all three kids to the dentist. This was the first time for either boy to ever go to a dentist. We really liked this dentist! (we had a bad experience at one before a few months ago).
Cala will be going back on Tuesday- two cavities to fill and two teeth to put sealants on. I also get the wonderful job of searching for an Orthodonist that takes our insurance- Cala more than likely is going to need braces. Cala sees this as a good thing- she's 10. What will she think when they're actually on her teeth? We'll see.
On a cute note: The dentist was saying, "I bet your Mom can remember when you were a baby and your teeth were coming in and you would cry from the pain." The dentist didn't know Cala was adopted, and at age 2 years 7 months at that. (side note: she was so developmentally delayed that we DID go through some teething with her, so I indeed remember the crankiness! ha).
Cala though sits straight up in the chair, looks at the doctor and says, "I was never a baby! I was adopted!" HA HAAAAAAa We all got a good laugh at that one, and I explained to Cala that of course you were still a baby at one point, just not with us. Precious.
3 comments:
Wow you've had a busy day!
Stopping by to let you know I'm still here praying!
Psalms 69:13 But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.
Praying right now!
Psalms 121:5-8 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
Still praying in Seattle!
Psalms 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
Post a Comment