Today was a good day. I enjoyed my birthday really. There was just some bittersweet moments, especially when Mama talked me two different times in the day. It was just knowing that my Daddy wouldn't be talking to me today that hurt so much. I called my Mama one time and asked her to let me call back and for them not to answer. I wanted to hear the answering machine, as it is still Daddy's voice on it.
As I listened, I cried and cried, but for a moment, it brought peace. I've cried off and on since, but I have been able to enjoy the efforts put forth by my sweet husband and my children. This morning, Cala and the boys came down carrying me breakfast that CALA had made- wonderful scrambled eggs (she really can make them better than me!), with melted mozzarella cheese in them, two pieces of toast, a glass of milk, and a cup of hot chocolate! The boys were standing right next to Cala, all singing me "Happy Birthday". Cala and Ethan spent time with me before going to school.
Glenn, Seth and I tried to go on to Denny's (sure couldn't tell Cala that we already had plans for breakfast)--- we went later on in the morning, but there was a near hour wait for the free Grand Slam promotion today... so we went on to Hardee's for a yummy biscuit. (Glenn by that point was very hungry). We stopped by Wal-mart for my cake and to look around a bit, and then home.
I got a nice nap while waiting for Cala and Ethan to get home from school. We soon left for supper at Buffalo Wild Wings. It was very nice and we all had a great time. We came home, went upstairs and had cake and ice cream. Of course I opened gifts and cards. The phone calls came throughout the day (heard the messages) and others called tonight. It was nice to know people love me.
Oh yes! I started the day talking to my niece who turned 13 today. :o)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE!
3 comments:
What a special gift...to be able to hear your Dad's voice on your birthday!
Always here praying!
Psalms 18:2-6 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me. In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
These verses are so comforting. Know that I'm praying!
Revelation 21:1-4 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
I'm here praying right now!
Psalms 46:1-5 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
Post a Comment