With my birthday coming tomorrow, I couldn't help but be sad today, incredibly sad. No, I'm not upset that I'm about to turn 38. That's o.k.
I just miss my Daddy so very much, well, there's just not the words in the English language to describe the hole I feel in my heart tonight. It's the first birthday that I will not hear my Daddy call me and sing to me. Oh how I long for that!
4 comments:
Hate to say this but I'm not sure any holiday will ever be the same for you again. Each one you'll have memories of how you celebrated it with your dad. Saying extra prayers right now!
Comforting words!
1 Corinthians 15:54-57 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Happy Birthday Amy!
I'm so sorry you're missing your dad. Birthdays are so hard...I've lost both my folks, and I totally understand how you're feeling. I'll be praying for you today
AmyD
First of all, Happy birthday to you today:)
I lost my mom 5 years ago, and I know exactly what you're talking about.
((((hugs))))
Happy Birthday today! It will never go away, that longing to hear his voice, but I promise it will get easier. This will be the hardest.
Know that you've got gobs of people praying you through!!!
Post a Comment