Thursday, September 17, 2009

Faith Nadezhda

Remembering tonight that it was 6 years ago today that I miscarried a baby. We were living in Russia. I felt awful that morning and had NO clue what was happening. I began thinking I was having some sort of heart problems and as we did back then, looked it up on Web MD. It took a few hours and I knew- I miscarried.

I was heartbroken (didn't even know I was pregnant!) and throughout the sadness and grieving that followed, I kept feeling like the Lord was speaking to me, "Faith... Faith" And thus, to me, that baby is known as Faith Nadezhda. Nadezhda is Russian for "Hope". I just KNEW we would have more children one day.... I never imagined they would come in the form of boys from Latin America :o)

Faith would be in the midst of Kindergarten now, but you know what? We wouldn't know Seth. (or Ethan more than likely). I am a firm believer in Romans 8:28, that all things work together for good.... Faith is in Heaven with "Evan" (the baby I miscarried back in 1993) and so sweet is the thought to me that those babies know their Grandpa. It's fitting too! You see, a story for another time, but my Daddy actually found out I was pregnant the first time before I did! HA. Fitting that he got to meet Evan first.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I'm saying extra prayers right now!
Psalms 116:6-9 The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me. Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee. For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling. I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.

Suz said...

Praying for you tonight Amy. I know it's tough.

Anonymous said...

Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Romans 8:26-28 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Anonymous said...

These verses are so comforting. Continuing to pray!!!!!!!!!
Revelation 21:1-4 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.