Monday, May 10, 2010

Saturday's picture and Today (Monday)


So, as promised, a picture from Saturday... Saturday was May 8th... Cala's Family Day- some call it Gotcha Day, Adoption Day, Forever Day, but we call it Family Day. Cala became our daughter on May 8th, 2001 when we were able to take her home! :o) We then lived in St. Petersburg, Russia, her native city.

Each Family Day, we give our child something that represents their native culture, their heritage... this year, we gave Cala this sweat shirt with Russia on it, the map of the country and a Russian girl with a traditional dress on. Cala LOVED it!

We are truly blessed with this sweet girl! She suffers from Fetal Alcohol as her birth mother drank throughout the pregnancy, but Cala is just the
type to turn that around and use it to her advantage- her creativity is amazing, and she has turned out to be a wonderful artist.

***** Now, for today- Monday, May 10th... ***** This morning, I told the boys that it is Mother's Day in their native lands of El Salvador and Guatemala. Ethan asked, "so, it's our birth mothers' Mother's Day?" :o)

We had a full afternoon of appointments and as I type this at 10:25 p.m., we really haven't been home too long. That's life for us right now, as we try to get Ethan all the help we can with his mental illnesses. We are just grateful we are able to get the help we need.

Today's picture: This was taken in the parking lot of a store Glenn ran into tod
ay. The kids and I waited while he went in for a few minutes... it was such a rainy, rainy, dreary day. The kids enjoy the van and the fact that it's easy when waiting to get up out of their car seats and roam around a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have loved every bit of artwork I've seen of Cala's! She's amazing!
Know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalm 86:11-13a Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore. For great is thy mercy toward me...