Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wednesday and Thursday

This was Cala last night after getting stung by what was evidently a hornet. (she saw something fly away, and then today a neighbor girl told Cala that they have lots of problems with hornets' nests- and the bush where Cala was stung by, borders our property and this girls' family's yard.).

Not knowing if Cala was allergic, we watched her carefully, called the nurse line (from our insurance) and gave her ibuprofen as her finger had swollen twice its normal size! She was quite miserable, but never had chills or fever, etc. She woke up just fine this morning and all is well.

AND in other news! Seth was wrong... I called and verified that Seth actually had one more day of pre-school, so TODAY was his actual l
ast day. Here is a picture of him holding his certificate. He told Cala he is no longer a pre-schooler, but a kindergartener. He is quite proud! I, of course, am wondering where my baby boy went! What will I do in the fall, when he begins Kindergarten?!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should keep some Benedryl around, too. Just in case she ever does have an allergic reaction.
Praying right now!
Psalm 71:14-16 But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more. My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof. I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.

Anonymous said...

Lifting up prayer right now!
Isaiah 63:7-9: I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD, and the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses. For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour. In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

Anonymous said...

Praying in Seattle!
2 Samuel 22:2-4 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Anonymous said...

You haven't posted for a while. Hope everything's okay!
Continuing to pray!
2 Samuel 22:29-31 For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness. For by thee I have run through a troop: by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.

Anonymous said...

Praying right now!
Psalms 66:8-10 O bless our God, ye people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard: Which holdeth our soul in life, and suffereth not our feet to be moved. For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.

Rhonda said...

Around Cala's age I was bitten in the corner of my eye by a deer fly and by the next day my eye was swollen shut. Had to go to the doctor for a shot. My brother was Seth's age when he stepped on a bumble bee while playing barefoot in a neighbor's yard. The neighbor used tweezers to take out the stinger. Fortunately he didn't have an allergic reaction. Praying for Cala!

Anonymous said...

Praying!
Psalms 29:11 The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to lift up prayers!
Psalms 61:1-4 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.

Rhonda said...

Is Cala ok now?

Anonymous said...

Praying in Seattle!
Psalms 62:5-7 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

Anonymous said...

Praying right now!
Psalms 40:16-17 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified. But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

Anonymous said...

The Lord will always be there to get you through whatever you have to face. Praying hard for your whole family!
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.