Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My Precious Son


I've mentioned before how Ethan is the one that has had a harder time attaching to me, and I to him. I would be remiss not to give an update! It seems that since Ethan began school, things have really really changed for the better.
Today I went to pick up Ethan from school (and then get Cala). Ethan saw me and came running, wrapped his arms around me and squeezed tightly. He knew I was coming today (Cala didn't), but was just as happy to see me as if I were a surprise!
After his nap this afternoon, he came to me so sad looking and climbed on my lap. I asked what was wrong. Now, I must say here that for the past couple of weeks when this happens, Ethan's response is, "I miss 'cool. I want to be dere." (I miss school, I want to be there).
Today, when I asked Ethan, "what's wrong, son?" He looked at me, and said, "Mama, I miss you in class today. I was sad because I miss you my Mama." He held complete eye contact (also a major step forward for us!) with me and wouldn't let go. He was actually sad when I said it was time for him and his brother and sister to go outside. He wanted to be with me, and I with him. We spent a lot of time together this evening... so very nice.

4 comments:

Suz said...

Wow, this is great - such a huge step forward in attachment for you both! Who would have thought sending him to "school" would bring that about??

I know this is a major step forward and I'm so glad you are seeing it as that too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
U.N. Mama said...

Does the picture of Ethan show up for you? It did when I first posted it, but is not now. :o/

kate said...

What a gift! (Picture is there and gorgeous.)