
Our Last Summer Hurrah on Monday: We enjoyed a picnic supper at one of the local parks. I love this picture of my kids walking hand in hand.

Seth tried his hand at baseball
First day of school came on Tuesday and as is "first day of school" tradition, Papa made omelets for breakfast. Soon it was time for Cala to get ready and she was sure excited to be going off to Second Grade!
Ethan's bus comes for him in the afternoon. He has pre-school Special Ed (here his class is called SR or School Readiness... in Florida we would call it K4) 2 hours a day, 4 days a week. He couldn't wait to get back to school, although he's had a hard time realizing that things are different this year, with a different classroom, a different teacher, etc.

As soon as Ethan left, it was time for Seth to start K2 here at home.
It has been really fun teaching Seth! What a difference there is in him and Cala at that age! ha ha I used to wonder if Cala was getting anything I said, but realized she was, she was just in need of being on the move. Seth is the typical two year old, into everything he can get into, but for school, he sits and listens intently:
That's refreshing!In other news: I'm not exactly taking it easy with just Seth at home. I took Cala to the bus stop her first morning and came back with a babysitting job for one of our neighbors! I'm taking care of her daughter on the days she's not in Kindergarten (here they go two to three days a week). SO, I'll have her (she turns 6 soon) either two or three days each week as long as both her parents work those days. She keeps me hopping!
Tonight however, Glenn and I are going on another date. Our missionary helpers are leaving us on Monday, tomorrow is the local high school football game and Glenn and the missionary are going, Saturday is Seth's Family Day (but we're celebrating Sunday). Cala is going to Brownies camp tomorrow night and we have to go pick her up Saturday evening. So, tonight is our date night. I better go make sure I have clean clothes to wear! ha
1 comment:
Precious pics!
Post a Comment