Sunday, September 16, 2007

Time Flies, yeh, it really does......

I have often said that I feel as if yesterday I was 17 years old, turned around and now am 36. Time really does fly! I felt as if I posted here yesterday, but alas, it's been 10 days! Yikes. A lot has happened in that short period of time:

Seth had his 2nd Family Day- what a special time it was celebrating this precious baby man being a part of our family. One of these days I'll post the pictures from then, as well as the pictures from Ethan's Family Day last month!

Our missionary helpers left this past Monday- he called today to check on us; they are now in Michigan for a few days.

I am enjoying babysitting a neighbor girl 2 to 3 days a week. It's extra income that's nice to have, plus it's just fun to have her here honestly. I say it's sort of insight into how it will be like having another girl when we adopt again. (in a couple of years or so).

Today- well, today was a strange sort of Sunday. The devil was after us I am here to tell you... I often tell my kids to not let the devil take place and he seems to want to do that the most on Sunday mornings when we're getting ready for church. It usually starts with Seth and Ethan fighting. Today was no different, but it was quickly (as Barney Fife would say), "nipped in the bud" by their Papa and me.

We got to church and as Glenn was taking the pulpit in, a piece chipped off when going in the door. Instead of getting radical about it, I tried to remind Glenn that we could glue it. We got inside only to learn our normal room was being used for testing, but we had been moved to another room for today- let me just say a much nicer room! (more expensive, and I LONG for the day that we NEED that much space and have to rent it!). No one came, no one other than us. That was discouraging... I'd be lying if I didn't say it was.

While I'm singing with the keyboard, my book slips completely, I grabbed it, never missed a note I might add, and held it by one hand (obviously playing the keyboard with the other). I quickly said, "ah! if you don't believe that's the devil!!!"

Glenn had a good sermon on salvation (which by the way, those working there can certainly hear us so we know we're being a witness in some way!). When we got everything loaded back in the van, we took off only to find our sign was down!

Someone had obviously knocked our sign down from the side of the road- impossible for the wind to do it, never mind the fact that it was not a really windy day at all. This was just about all we could handle and the car ride home was quiet. I felt today as if we were all, all five of us, including the kids, discouraged! Even little four year old Ethan said today, "We sure need some people here." Cala was already upset because she consistently invites folks only to be told, "not today", etc. (and this happened this morning).

Glenn spends every weekday passing out invitations, doing his part and so I know he must feel down. Yet, he has never admitted it- until today when I plain out asked. He said, "yes, I guess I am discouraged a bit today."

And yet.. God is working. Our Sunday School lesson was on Gideon and not being a quitter even when it seems what's the use! Wow did that speak to me! To top things off during our family prayer time, Ethan prayed, "God send people to our church in Big Lake". That had me crying! God is working. We believe that.

2 comments:

C.C. said...

I know that pain that you're feeling. Continuing to pray! Russ has mentioned a school up there that he's considering for his Ph.D. Who knows where God might lead us!

Unknown said...

Planting for the Harvest is SOOOOOO frustrating sometimes. We feel we have something so wonderful we want to share it, but no one else seems interested. We have an older, established church, but it's tiny and we'd like it to grow. Sometimes the conference seems more concerned with new plants than growing the ones it has. I think one of the Mpls churches is down to a couple families, renting it's building to another congregation and meeting at home, but they're still planting. Hmmmm.