Last night, around 11 p.m., one of my brother's left for the night. My parents were about asleep and so I went to the computer to check my email. Let me say here, I rarely do this at dark since in this room where the computer is- the blinds are broken in places and so I know someone could see me.
Ten minutes later, I get the distinct feeling that someone is watching me. (I've had this feeling twice before and both times I was right). I told myself though that I'm just crazy- no one is watching me, I'm just a scaredy cat. (of which I'll readily admit I am in some cases). HOWEVER, I couldn't get this feeling to shake and so I just while still emailing, reached back to the dining room table and grab my purse which was in plain view. I moved it next to me and kept typing. Another ten minutes or so passed when someone shaked the door handle and then shook the door, trying to get in! I jumped up, ran towards my Daddy and Mama, hollering, "Mama! Daddy! Someone is trying to get in, I'm calling the police!" SO, I grabbed the phone and began dialing. After I got off with them, I immediately called my brother asking him to turn around and come here for the night. He did, and found a shot gun and all seemed well. (Yes the police came, were very nice, but since I didn't see anyone- no, I wasn't going to look! My instinct was to run!!!, they couldn't do anything more).
My brother, my Mama and I were then in the living room talking, trying to calm down when within thirty minutes, it happened AGAIN!!!! My brother jumped up, I jumped up (in a somewhat comical manner- since I was in a lift chair and didn't want to wait on the slow remote to get me up!). My brother hollers with gun in hand, and I call the police yet again. Some more (now) comical stuff ensues, but yet we were now scared since we didn't expect it to happen twice! The police came back and said they would be watching the house and back inside we went.
I felt very bad for my Daddy who was upset about not being able to protect us. I cried and said, "Daddy, still my first instinct was to run to you! You being here still makes me feel better!" It was an emotional time for sure.
We are now talking of safeguarding measures, etc. and making sure a man is always here at night. My oldest brother and his family have been in Mexico this past week visiting my sister-in-law's family and come back tonight. While my middle brother and I go pick him up at the airport, my youngest brother and children will be here until we get back.
I can't shake this feeling- and now it's dark. I'm leaving the computer until morning.
Pray for us!
8 comments:
I am so sorry, Amy. As if you need anything else to cause anxiety.... I will be praying.
Debbie(TN) from pw list
Oh my goodness, Amy, how scary! Praying for your safety -- and for them to catch whoever did it!!! Next time just shoot through the door and drag them in after! ;-)
Love,
Detra
Matt 19:26
((((HUGS)))) Amy!
I am sorry you have this added stress on top of all your family is going though already. I pray for God to protect your family and give you peace. Denise in PA (PW)
Checking in to see how you're doing and to let you know I'm still praying! Adding prayers for your safety and that you can find out what's going on quickly!
Psalms 73:23-26 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
Oh goodness gracious that would be terrifying! I'm with Detra, have that shotgun ready and shoot the bottom of the door, maybe you'll get 'em in the foot and they won't be able to get away!
Oh goodness gracious that would be terrifying! I'm with Detra, have that shotgun ready and shoot the bottom of the door, maybe you'll get 'em in the foot and they won't be able to get away!
Great...no update! Are you okay or not?!
I'm here praying right now!
Psalms 84:5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them.
You ARE okay....right?
Continuing to pray.
Psalms 16:8-9 I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
Post a Comment