Monday, December 24, 2007

Crying that doesn't Stop.......

I spent the entire evening service last night at church, crying. The tears would not stop no matter how hard I tried. Each Sunday night, my brother has the congregation have a prayer time- go around and all who want to, prays. I always have participated but last night, when it would have been my turn, I knew not to try. The tears wouldn't stop. Yes, I've cried in church before in front of others, but not to this extent. Grief I am finding, is horrible. It's hard. It's tiring. It takes the energy right out of your body.

I also am finding that everyone grieves differently. I am sort of thankful for that, and sort of not. I know I make little sense these days.

Glenn, our daughter and our baby son were sick yesterday and missed church. The two kids that were sick had high fevers. We had plans for last night to do our traditonal camping out on Christmas Eve Eve, and make cookies for Santa. We had planned to have my nieces join us. So, we would have been at my parents for the night- however, we didn't want to bring this sickness on him.

I am thankful this morning that all fevers are gone. We will leave my inlaws soon to get Christmas groceries.

Tonight, we will let the kids open one present and we will all put on our new pajamas. We are trying to press on with our traditions.

Pray for our family... please. Tomorrow will surely be happy and sad.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just reading on another friend's site about the pj's their family gets every Christmas. Too late to start that around here, I guess.
My prayers are with you this Christmas Day.
Galatians 4:4-5 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Anonymous said...

Our Savior is born! Praying!
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Suz said...

Amy, even though I'm AWOL lately, you're on my heart and in my prayers. Call me anytime you want to talk, ok!?

We do the Christmas jammies too.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to know that the Holy Spirit is praying perfectly whatever the need!
Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm here praying!
Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Anonymous said...

Praying right now!
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.