Sunday, February 03, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me and My Niece Too :o)


This picture was taken a few weeks ago in December (in Florida- and notice the short sleeves?! Winter in Florida- ugghh).

This is my beautiful niece who chose to make her debut into the world on my 25th birthday! She has a different middle name, by which she is called, but her first name is Amy :o)

I really have had a great birthday! Glenn and the kids saw to that! It was nice to try not to think of the grief and just enjoy my day. After breakfast, I was given my gifts (with which I am thrilled!!!!!) and then came church, home for Godfather's Pizza.... then tonight while watching the Super Bowl we ate our traditional Super Bowl fare of snack foods! My husband who loves football had said for weeks that since it fell on my birthday we didn't have to watch. After all, his beloved Tampa Bay Bucs weren't playing, not even the Vikings or Packers. (Cala's a big Packers fan!!!!! ha it's true!). I though said that oh sure we were going to watch- I wanted our traditional Super Bowl party (even though it's just us this year!).

Now keep in mind, I don't care one bit for football. I do the nice wife thing and ask Glenn who's playing and act like I care. In all actuality, football could go out of existence and it really wouldn't affect me, but uh, Glenn loves it! I have to admit that tonight I am GLAD to have watched the game! It was neat seeing the Giants win! (did I just write a football post!? Goodness what IS this world coming to?)

ANYWAY- Happy birthday to my sweet niece Michelle! I got to talk to her today- one day we'll get to celebrate together- one day!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great birthday, Amy! And yup, you just wrote a football post! Watch out! You might decide you actually like it! You watched history yesterday! What a game!
Still praying for you and your family!
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.