This morning (Friday), I had a shooting pain come over me. As I cried out from the surprise of it, Ethan (age 5) says, "What's wrong, Mama? Your eyeball bothering you?" I asked, "my eyeball?" "Yes, Mama, your pain, your eyeball!" Seth (age 3) responds, "I know how to say it... your fibro is bothering you!" (he was right- ol' fibromyalgia has been relentless as we go on a roller coaster of weather ups and downs).
** ** ** **
** ** ** **
Long ago we realized that Cala can't eat anything with red food dye in it, red #40 being the WORST! It makes her go haywire! Anyway, you would be amazed at the things that have Red food dye in them. (For example, Fudge Rounds were a shock to me!)It has become discouraging to search for things that Cala CAN have and when I find something new, it's sooo fun! Cala is sooo happy! Today I decided to look at Yogos for Cala to take to school, as a snack. I've come very good at just looking at a package and knowing right off, "that will be a no go!" Today was no different. While in Target, I passed the Yogos. I knew the strawberry, the raspberry, etc. would have red in it. Sure enough they did. Then I saw "Island Expressions" and thought surely they would too, no use to look. I continued on, but something brought me back. I searched the package and to my utter amazement and delight!, just yellow, no red! Hallelujah Cala will be sooo happy I thought. I was not disappointed.
Cala ate one bite and said, "Mama! My life is sooo wonderful ! I can eat Yogos!"
She's been our daughter 7 years now and still she appreciates things much more than the average kid. I admit when we left Russia, I was concerned that would change. Sure she likes to get stuff as much as the next American kid, but she still is very very grateful for anything you buy her. (even a new toothbrush delights this kid!) I hope to keep it that way!
1 comment:
Amy - I was looking for your email. My brother is in MN this weekend for a surgery consult and I wondered if he was anywhere near you guys to come to church with you. Can you email me
knitnmom AT gmail(just change this to an email - hopefully the spammers won't get me) and we can figure out if you are close? :)
Post a Comment