Saturday was spent doing our weekly "big" clean and looking out the window at the near white out conditions! It wasn't that we were getting a great downpour of snow- it was that we were getting so much wind, we had snow drifts (blowing snow) that was unbelievable. It was some kind of sight today!
I had planned to get out early and get a newspaper (strange to me coming from Florida, but here we can get a "Sunday" paper on Saturday! We get all the sales papers, coupons, etc.). I decided against it when I saw just how bad the snow was blowing.
Tomorrow morning is supposed to be really rough! We will surely be bundled, not a part of us uncovered as we get to church.
*** In other news: Daddy's birthday was this past Thursday. He turned 73. Today (Saturday- I'm writing this after midnight so it will say Sunday).... they had a birthday drop-in for him. I so wish I could have been there! He was very happy about all the folks that showed up...friends, church members, fellow Pastors and their wives, even the Mayor of my hometown and his wife came. I'm thankful that so many have shown their love for my family. That does my homesick heart a lot of good.***
4 comments:
Sorry you couldn't be there for your dad's birthday.
Know that I'm praying!
Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound
Continuing to pray!
Psalms 46:1-5 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
Praying right now!
Romans 8:15-18 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Still here, still praying hard!
Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
Post a Comment