Thursday, September 18, 2008

Five Years Ago

Five years ago (on September 17th), I miscarried. I can't believe it's been five years already since I lost "Faith".

To read about it, visit http://www.angelfire.com/blues2/evanfaith Click on Memorial to Faith (down at the bottom) and you can read all about that dreadful day.

So many losses lately... today (Wednesday) I thought about my Daddy now being in heaven with my children there. How precious is that?! They've met their Grandpa!

7 comments:

Suz said...

I think of that often, Amy. My Mama has 4 grandchildren and my Daddy has 5 grandchildren here on earth.

I know you'll always remember those precious ones that were born straight into heaven. With time the pain eases, but we'll never forget.

Lynn said...

I use this passage quite often because of it's profound impact. Some of the first words of Scripture ever written assure us of our bodily resurrection in Christ.
Am here praying right now.
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

Anonymous said...

Our hope is in the Lord! Praying!
Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Detra, Matt 19:26 said...

Clint's Dad died when he was five years old and he has missed him his entire life. One of the things that helped me with my miscarriages was knowing how much he had loved his children, that he was surely loving on those grandchildren! I can't wait to meet them all!!!
Praying for you, thinking of you and just loving you!

Detra
Matt 19:26

Lynn said...

Stopping by to you let you know that your family is still in my thoughts and prayers.
Ephesians 3:16-19 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

Thanks for sharing your new insight. That is a precious thought!

I came by to find an e-mail address for you, but I'm not able to locate one so I need to put my message here.

I've been working on getting the League of Pastor's Wives blog and blogroll updated. Yesterday I spent some time getting things in order and I think I can actually say that League of Pastor's Wives is officially RELAUNCHED!

Check it out over at:

League of Pastor's Wives - http://league-of-pastors-wives.blogspot.com/

I do have you on the new blogroll because you were listed in the last one. If you have any preference about being included please let me know. Also if you have the blogroll listed out on your site, the code for it has been updated and you can grab it to add to your site with the most updated info.

If you have a link to League of Pastor's Wives in your sidebar, I wanted to let you know about the NEW address for the blog. We don't know what's happened to the original one (that most ladies currently have listed) but we are no longer able to access it or use the address. (You can read a bit about it on the blog.) Please update the link in your sidebar if necessary.

We're excited to get these things updated, and look forward to connecting with you and other ministry wives to be of support and blessing to one another.

Blessings,
Sweet Mummy

Lynn said...

Lifting up prayers!
Romans 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.