May 3rd was the last I posted so I decided to get out my day planner and see what I've done since then... here goes...
May 4th: Every Monday we have Sensory therapy for Ethan in a city about 35 minutes from here. That was at 4 p.m. We got back in time to get to the local high school where they were signing up for summer sports. Cala will be playing Soccer this July-August and Ethan will once again play flag football in September-October.
May 5th: I went to my doctor as a follow up to physical therapy. She said I needed to continue on at least a few more weeks. My upper back was continuing to hurt- no idea at all how it started hurting- just woke up March 14th in pain.
May 6th: 10:00 a.m. physical therapy. Wow did it hurt! Church at night.... I had to sit with a cushion behind my back as is becoming normal.
May 7th: 8:30 a.m. Ethan went to counseling.... 3:30 was Backyard Bible Club in our back yard. That went well.
May 8th: 10:30- Seth to pre-school...
Cala's Family Day- 8 years since she became our daughter! We had such a great day! She thought we were going to eat Supper at the Chinese restaurant, but we surprised her with Chuck E. Cheese. We went next door to a Christian bookstore after Supper... it just so happened they were showing a Hermie DVD for kids with free popcorn. They were also giving out prizes. The boys won a bug catcher... Cala was thrilled when she won a Hermie umbrella. Thankfully for her, it began raining right as we walked out the door!
May 9th: As always, Saturdays are what we call our "big cleaning day". However, Cala and I attended a Mother/Daughter luncheon at her Brownies (Girl Scouts) troop leader's home. We had an excellent time together.
May 10th: Mother's Day..... Glenn wanted to take us out to eat for Sunday dinner (lunch) and so asked where I would like to go. In the area, we recently got a new restaurant so I wanted to try that out. We had a long wait, but it was really, really good. We all enjoyed it. Of course the kids were thrilled to get to eat by the time it hit 2 p.m.! ha
May 11th: 10:30 a.m.- physical therapy.... 4 p.m., our regular trip for Ethan's Sensory therapy. I set up an appointment for Cala to have Sensory evaluation. Her appointment will be this coming T'hursday. OH! How I HOPE they can set her weekly appointments for Monday- the same day we are there with Ethan. Oh well.
May 12th: That's today! ..... This morning was Seth and my last ever parent/child class- Early Childhood. We have enjoyed these greatly over the last two years. In the fall, Seth will attend School Readiness (like K4), two afternoons a week. He will even get to go on a bus and return with his brother and sister. He is excited! I had another weekly appointment at 4 this afternoon with a friend and then at 6 p.m., had to get Cala to her Brownies' meeting! I decided to sit in on this one and enjoyed the time.
OK! Got you caught up for now! Our calendar doesn't promise to be any less busy in the coming months.... in fact, the opposite is true.
Tomorrow I have physical therapy in the morning, got to get to Target and Wal-mart right after, and then take both boys to the eye doctor (just for their first ever check-up... since they were adopted, we like to keep our kids checked out just in case there is something we should be looking for and don't even know it). Of course at night is church.
Thursday is Cala's Sensory evaluation in the morning, then will drop her back at school. Unfortunately, fifteen minutes apart is Ethan's first ever concert and Cala's first ever school play. Thankfully, Glenn can go to one, and me to the other, but neither of us are happy about missing the other kid's deal. I am going to Ethan's concert and Glenn to Cala's play. Cala already claimed Seth so he'll be accompanying Glenn to see Cala in the play. He would enjoy the music at Ethan's concert I am sure, but Cala IS playing a lion (with several lines) so he'll like that too- the play is called, "Harvey the Pig".
Then, that same afternoon, we have to drop off all three kids at a church member's house for about an hour while Glenn and I have an important meeting with a host of teachers! This is concerning Ethan. We are sooo very thankful for this school district and especially for Ethan's Kindergarten teacher. Sure wish she could be his teacher next year, but I will be praying now for a good one for First grade too.
So, there you have it! I think I will try to find at least enough time nightly to post what we did that day- according to my day planner! It's been mentioned a few times to me lately, "Amy, you're not blogging anymore are you?" I always respond with, "yes I am." I intend to anyway.
4 comments:
Whatever happened to your blogging every day anyway? And please do it more often! Hard catching up with so much!
When I read this passage and it speaks of enemies, my thoughts are that they aren't just people, but can also be applied to horrible diseases and even death. Know that I'm praying!
2 Samuel 22:2-4 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
Take a breath!! You earned it! ((((HUGS))
It's a blessing to be able to pray for your family!
Psalms 70:4-5 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified. But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help and my deliverer; O LORD, make no tarrying.
Always keep your eyes on the Lord! Lifting up prayers right now!
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Post a Comment