Friday, May 15, 2009

So on Tuesday's post I wrote out in much detail just how busy we have been and continue to be....

Wednesday I went to physical therapy. Uggh did my back ever hurt that morning and unfortunately, on the left side not the RIGHT side where it all began!

I was just positive that the boys had an eye appointment that afternoon as I even wrote it down in my trusty day planner (where would I be without that?! I shudder to think!). Thankfully, I called the doctor's office (only because I wasn't sure if it was at 4 or 4:30- hadn't written that part down!). In actuality, the appointment is NEXT Wednesday. That was great because I was really beat that day. Just tired.

Yesterday, (Thursday) was some kind of day! In the morning, Cala and I trekked to her Sensory evaluation. (O.k... we rode in the van there).... She indeed will benefit from weekly Sensory therapy and I'll get a phone call within this week to set that all up. We were hoping for it to be on Mondays, the same day Ethan goes, so as to save gas money (a 20 mile trip- so 40 round trip). However, if we keep this same O.T. (Occupational Therapist) that did the evaluation, she's not there on Mondays. To get Ethan's O.T., whom we really like and already have a rapport with, well..... her schedule seems to be full on Mondays. Cala and I both really like the O.T. we met yesterday and she has some ideas already planned for us. She suggested we look at changing Ethan's therapy day to a time when both O.T.'s are there. That would work, and we hope it can happen!

After leaving the appointment, I dropped off Cala at school... she made it right at 11:00 a.m. Then at 1:30, off went Glenn, Seth and I to the schools.... me to Ethan's to see him in his first ever concert. It went well. Glenn and Seth went to Cala's class and saw her in her first ever play. At least he got pictures.

A friend kept all 3 kids for about an hour while Glenn and I went back to Ethan's school at 3:30 for a meeting with a host of teachers. :o( Things are not well on the Ethan front. Remember he was diagnosed with RAD a few months ago (reactive attachment disorder).

Today- this morning, Glenn dropped Seth off at his Friday morning pre-school class. He's really loved that this year. I picked him up and here I sit. Just waiting now (as I eat lunch) for the time to go pick up Cala and Ethan from school. They usually ride the bus, but we need to be there right as they get out in order to make it about an hour away for one of Ethan's therapies.

We have a very full evening ahead! Yard sale at a friend's house tomorrow. Now if only I can get that stroller scrubbed tonight.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment there, huh? Wow your days are full!
Know that I'm here praying hard!
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Prayer BearsMy email address

PW said...

Yes, never a dull moment, I agree. Praying that the OT therapies can be on the same day. Hopefully you can rest this weekend. HUGS

Anonymous said...

Am here praying!
Psalms 56:3-4 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

Anonymous said...

Still praying in Seattle!
Psalms 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

Anonymous said...

We are always safe when we're in the Lord's Hands! Praying!
Psalms 31:5 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.