last week on Wednesday (a week ago yesterday), there was a "dust storm" that came through this area. That was a CRAZY day for appointments- we had 4 in one day PLUS church that evening here in our home.
The dust was so bad as I was driving, that you literally could not see in front of you at one point. It was amazing in one regard as we had never experienced anything like it. I should back up here and say that I had the window cracked open a bit because the air in the front of the van doesn't work. It was a decently hot day that day.
Anyway, I began coughing and long story short- I was in the dr's office the following day for something non-related and had her look me over anyway. She at that time thought it was asthma caused by the storm (although I was not wheezing). Fast forward to yesterday, I had not gotten any better, was in the office for a physical therapy appointment but was too sick to keep it. I got sick in the office! (spare you the details) and although my doctor was not in yet, I was able to see another one there. I was diagnosed with a bacterial and a viral infection, am on powerful antibiotics (certainly hope they are powerful) and a prescription cough syrup.
**** In other news:***** I don't know if I've mentioned that we are parting with our beloved dogs. This breaks our heart, but it's best for the dogs. Due to Ethan's mental illness, we are just not in a position to give them the attention they crave and deserve. That's sad and heart breaking on its own, but something we know we have to do.
As I typed this, I got an email from a woman that will be meeting us an hour from now....(at a park) in order to meet Zima. I am praying this family will be the one for her and she can go home today to a new home. My heart will ache... Zima means a lot to me.
3 comments:
Hope the medicine works, Amy! Am so sorry about the dogs...
Received this passage in a card today and had to pass it on! Know that I'm always praying!
Psalms 107:28-32 Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses. He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still. Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven. Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! Let them exalt him also in the congregation of the people, and praise him in the assembly of the elders.
Prayer BearsMy email address
These words are so very special and full of comfort! Praying in Seattle!
John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Praying hard in Seattle!
Psalms 46:1-5 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
Post a Comment