One of these days I will link my old blog to here. Until then, I will fill you in.. (those who don't know me).
My husband and I have known each other our whole lives- well, his whole life. I am after all, a whole 15 months older! ha ha It's interesting being married to someone you've known basically your whole life, especially someone you NEVER pictured marrying! ha I am so glad I did though!
More on us: we spent nearly 7 years in St. Petersburg, Russia. It became home, and I truly miss it! We came here to the states on a scheduled year furlough and about 2 months before we were planning to return home to Russia, we just knew God was saying, "no." We just could not imagine why though but who are we to question God and His wisdom, His timing?!
We spent time at a wonderful pastors/missionaries' retreat- Faith Mountain in West Virginia. (just a nice place to stay, to get away from it all). It was there, on top of a mountain (literally), away from tv, the computer, radio and everything and everyone (except for our kids :o) that we truly started seeking God's will for our next phase in life. We both, separately felt God was asking us to work with Russians in the states. Wow! (this was just like when we felt called to Russia- we came to the decision together, but separately first!). We knew this was God, but where, Lord? We researched and found that there are many Russian speakers living in Minnesota. Add to that the fact that the association we are a part of only has one church in the state of Minnesota, we just further felt the burden. We plan to hold English services, as well as a Russian service, and reach out to the international community at large. We are excited!
It's truly a bit overwhelming at times, in so many ways, but God is always good! He's always there for us! Who are we to doubt Him now?!
No comments:
Post a Comment