Thursday, February 07, 2008

The Chocolate Post

This evening (Wednesday), we went out before church to a Chinese restaurant. Let me say here, I am the one in the family who does NOT like Chinese food, but every now and then I suggest this one place nearby. I can hack it and I like keeping my hubby and kids (who all love it!) happy!

Anyway... just to tell you how addicted Seth (age 3) is to chocolate, well... more so than his mother. (which any of you who know me "in real life"---not that the internet is fake, but you know what I mean! lol)... anyway... if you know me, you know I am indeed a CHOCO-HOLIC! (just not fake chocolate- you know? WHITE chocolate?!).

I never thought I would meet another soul who was so addicted, but in my baby son, my Guatemalan baby son none the less (said to re-iterate that it's not something he could inherit from me).... well, he has indeed beat me!

You see, Seth is one who will literally sniff out the chocolate! I can slip M & Ms in my mouth thinking I was unnoticed. He can be out of the room and as soon as he comes in, I feel like I'm caught- like the teacher caught me teaching or something! HA!!! He'll actually say, "Mama! I want some!" to which I reply, "some what?!" He says, "uh, some chocolate- you have some in your mouth!" What a hoot.

SO, this evening at the Chinese restaurant, should it have come as any surprise when my dear addicted son took a piece of sweet and sour chicken and dipped it in his chocolate ice cream?!!!!!!!!????????? YYYYYUCKKKKKK!

He then looked over to where Cala had dropped some ice cream on a paper menu and asked, "can I have that? Cala's finished!" Ugghhh... got to get this boy some help!

Chocolate de-tox!

2 comments:

Deb said...

How funny! That's addicted.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I've been away from the computer for a few days. Still been praying but wanted to share such special verses that remind us all that much more importantly the Holy Spirit Himself is praying for each of us perfectly according to His Will.
Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.