Just checking in to let all know I'm still kickin' just don't feel like it! We had a wonderful Valentines' Day, but the next morning, it all went downhill..........
Glenn woke up very sick, and by mid day, my middle back felt as if it were "out". We were down for the count and our very sweet daughter took care of us like we were royalty! She's such a great helper!
Sunday came, I was shaking, shivering and not from the cold weather (which you will notice it's horribly low right now!). We made ourselves get out of bed for church, but I got home, went straight to bed, where I've been ever since basically. :o/
Yesterday morning, all three kids woke up sick! We all are aching, etc. etc.- we have the flu! ugggh.
Pray for us. This is rough and compounded by my fibromyalgia. I just wish I could take the sickness of all the kids (and even Glenn!) I hate seeing them sick! We have them all close by tonight to sleep so we can keep check on them if they need anything.
Cala woke up without fever and felt good- I let her go to school :o? I don't know if I should have, she just really sounded good, felt fine, looked good, etc. She sooo doesn't need to miss anymore because of the days she missed going to Florida and because of us not knowing when we'll have to return there.
Anyway, with the windchill being sooo low tomorrow morning, I am praying they at least delay school. If she even is a bit coughing or feels bad, she isn't stepping outside that door. We sure don't need pneumonia to strike us next!
Back to bed I go. Just wanted to let everyone know what was going on.
13 comments:
Thanks so much for climbing out of bed long enough to update! I was afraid it was something like this! Praying so that you all feel better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paul, by the inspiration of the Holy Ghost, certainly wrote long sentences at times. But the words are always powerful! I hope these words touch your heart. Know that I'm still here praying as always!
Ephesians 2:4-9 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
No matter what life brings, no matter how dark it gets, we always have hope in the Lord! Praying!
Lamentations 3:21-26 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.
Oh Amy, I'm so sorry you all are sick! I wish I had a private jet and I'd dash on up and take care of you all (I had the flu shot!).
I'm glad you had a nice Valentine night though!
Hope you're better soon - all of you!
Always keep your eyes on the Lord no matter what happens. Know I'm still praying!
Psalms 40:1-4a I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust...
Stopping by to let you know that I'm still here praying!!!!!!!!!
Psalms 4:8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
Sorry to hear you're all sick right now. Hope you're feeling better soon. All of you should get flu shots every fall, and you should get a pneumonia shot too. Since my doctor insisted on giving me those shots every fall I don't get sick like I used to. ;)
Love ya!
May your roots go down deep into the Lord and His Word. Continuing in prayer!
Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
Checking in to see how you're doing and to let you know I'm still praying!
Psalms 73:23-26 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
Know that I'm here praying!!!
Psalms 63:1-2 O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
Continuing to pray!
Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
I hope that you're all feeling better now. I imagine it's a lot harder to be sick when the kids are sick too.
Praying!
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Know that I'm praying right now!
Jeremiah 17:7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
Post a Comment