Saturday, March 29, 2008

A couple of folks have asked what I think about the new advertised fibro drug, Lyrica. (you know, the one where the woman reads from her diary how that day she had really struggled with her fibromyalgia). I am sure once my insurance is finalized and I go to a doctor here, I will discuss it with him or her. I do have meds now for fibro, by the way. I know that drug says it is the first approved medicine specifically for fibro, so we'll see if it's a possibility and if it works better for me than what I currently take. ( a really high dosage of Naproxen- prescription strength). My "favorite" is a medicine I got in Russia (with a really long shelf date- I still have 2 more). It helps me rest and eases the pain for awhile- seems to take the edge off at least of the aches.

On a lighter (well, is it really?) note... have you ever stopped and listened to the possible side effects of these drugs advertised on t.v.? Sometimes I stop and say, "I think I would just take the ailment instead of the side affects of the supposed medicine!!!" ha

A catch up from since I last wrote: On Thursday, we had a great time at Chuck E. Cheese. We took a friend of Cala's (a girl that's been attending church with her family). They then invited Cala over that night for a sleep over. This was Cala's first at someone other than family. Well, last fall, she spent the night at a Girl Scouts camp, but this was the first time at a friend's house for the night. She had a wonderful time, and of course is already discussing when her friend can come here.

The boys continue being the boys! Nuts as always! ha We were in town last night and saw a teen girl that works in Ethan's classroom sometimes. She told me, "Ethan is such a joy to work with. You just can't resist that dimple!" That is what everyone says. I am blessed. Glad he's mine.

No comments: