Thursday, March 06, 2008

Random Thoughts.....

This morning, I woke up trying to decide if I could fit in going to the doctor better- today or tomorrow. It turned out if I went today, Glenn would have been unable to go with me. I really don't want to go alone especially since I can't speak a bit!, and so, I will go first thing tomorrow morning. We'll leave as soon as Cala gets on the school bus. Both boys will be with us, but honestly, they're really good at sitting and waiting in situations like this, especially with Papa (Glenn) there.
Tomorrow is Kindergarten Round-Up for Ethan. Since our last name begins with M, we are in the group that goes in the afternoon. Seth will be dropped off in "sibling care" at the school, and then we will head on to the festivities! From what I understand, Ethan will get to attend a session about what Kindergarten will be like, while we do well... the same- only geared towards the parents. We'll all visit a Kindergarten classroom, meet all the Kindergarten teachers, and alas, we will register ol' Ethan to begin in the fall. sigh........ I spent awhile this evening finding Ethan's birth certificate. It's in Spanish, with an English translation attached, so I also spent time highlighting the English version with his name (old name with our last name) and his birth date. I haven't come across his immunizations record (his current one), but I have until Kindergarten begins to do that. Being gone for two months like we were, well... I feel as if I'm having to re-learn where I put everything! (fibro probably has a lot to do with that to- the moments of "fog" that happen from time to time).

And----tonight, right after supper (which was wonderful by the way- Glenn decided to cook, which he loves to do and is good at- he made something new to us- a pizza "pie"- (using two pie crusts). It was SO good!). ANYWAY- right after supper, the boys went to brush their teeth. As they were coming out I saw an "exchange" going on, which would soon result in a fight. I motioned to Glenn to watch. Seth (the 3 year old) was telling Ethan (the 5 year old), "yes I AM! I am BIGGER than you! I can push you! I am bigger." I asked why he would say that. He said, "Mama. I am bigger. I am. " I said, "son, you are 3. Ethan is 5 and while not much bigger, he is a bit taller than you." Seth said, "well, I be bigger one day."

**Pictures above are from my birthday back on Feb. 3rd.**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well at the dr! So much sickness going around this year!
Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 34:17-19 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.