This afternoon, after Cala and Ethan got home from school, we all took the dogs for a walk. (yes, we got the husky mix!). When we returned, the boys and I sat in the "trunk" of the van (with the door up) while Glenn and Cala were inside getting the dogs settled down and making sure the cat was up. We were getting ready to go out for an early supper before taking Cala to her Brownies meeting.
Ten minutes or so had passed when Ethan asked about going inside for something and Seth was right behind him. I said, "yes, both of you go inside and go to the bathroom, wash your hands, etc." I saw them both go right around the corner, heard the door open. Ten more minutes passed when out comes Glenn and Cala. Ethan was soon to follow, but not Seth. "Where's Seth?" I ask and Glenn responded, "huh? I haven't seen Seth since I went inside." Thinking he had gone inside unnoticed by Glenn, I said, "call for him while I go check out back." No response from Seth. He seemed nowhere to be found. My heart was now racing for that brief moment fearing the worst!!!!
Glenn came outside again, walked around the corner of the house saying, "Seth! Seth!!!!" He then sees Seth appear. In typical three year old fashion, he was around the corner of the house playing. When he heard Glenn the last time, he came to see what was up.
Dear older sister gave him a talk on never doing that again, "Mama is crying because of what you did!" while sure enough Mama was crying at the thought of what could have been.
We went to eat, had a really nice time together and then dropped Cala off at Brownies. Once Cala returned, she went upstairs for something and our big dog (the husky mix) followed. Only problem was, Keeska our cat was upstairs! What ensued next was a hair raising time of woof woof from the dog, hiss hiss from Keeska, and Cala trying to get the dog to go downstairs where I was. Once I got upstairs, I tried to no avail , to get the dog to leave the cat alone. It took Glenn coming up to get her settled down. The cat got away from Cala and went running to our room, and hid under the middle of the bed!
It took another hour before she could be talked out (by Glenn). He got her safely to her "room" (the foyer closet) and all is calm and quiet now in our home!
I meanwhile have that "lump" in my stomach that I am trying to calm down.
6 comments:
Oh Amy what a day! It's just so very hard when kids do something like that. They just don't have a clue what it does to the mama! Now the whole cat/dog thing...they're going to have to work it out! Hopefully soon....
Everyone needs a hiding place. Know that I'm praying!
Psalms 32:7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
Hope today was much more peaceful!
Praying hard right now!
Psalms 56:3-4, 13 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me...For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?
Oh wow, that would be so scary not knowing where Seth was!
Snezhinki is precious and thanks for e-mailing the pic of Josie Winter. She's bigger than Cala!
Just a couple more months and I'll be back in cyberspace for good! I'm going to hook up the computer first thing when we are in the new house!!
IT'S 32 THERE!!!!!! At NIGHT! So that means the snow HAS to be melting during the day, right?
Know that I'm still here praying!
Psalms 59:16-17 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble. Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.
Happy Palm Sunday!
Praying right now!
Psalms 22:1-4 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent. But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.
What a hair raising day. Wow! Glad you made it through and everyone is okay.
Post a Comment