Sunday, September 28, 2008

Just had to post... Shannon has died. (if you can't recall who Shannon is, see my post a few down from this one, entitled, "And so it continues".
They unplugged her life support earlier in the day on Saturday and she died soon after. My Mama called me and said the same thing I was thinking- even though you expected it, you aren't prepared. You know, we felt the same way with my Daddy's death even, and goodness! He had been sick for so long. With Shannon, 26 year old Shannon, it was all such a shock- the accident, the surgeries, the losing her life... shock.

Please pray for Shannon's family. Shannon was dear to us, and her family is aching terribly now.

4 comments:

Neecykay said...

Amy, I am so sorry for all the losses you and your family have experienced these past few months. May God hold you close and comfort your hearts!
Denise in PA

Anonymous said...

Am so sorry about Shannon. The Lord is with her family, too!
Continuing to pray!
Psalms 91:1-4 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Lynn said...

Continuing to pray!
Psalms 91:1-4 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Lynn said...

Still praying in Seattle.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.