I absolutely love this time of year! I am so happy with the cooler temperatures. OK! I know that in a few very short weeks, I won't be as thrilled, but for now, it's so nice to walk outside and just feel the coolness. The air just feels clean. It's possible for me to be in the countryside pretty quickly, and it's there that I just feel like I can breathe! I love it.
My grief therapist said I needed to take some mental breaks. What she meant was times like this when I can take a ride to the country, find a pretty spot to stare out for awhile. I have some rides planned in the near future.
I have a doctor's appointment this Friday. Unfortunately, one of my medicines is giving me unwanted side effects and so it looks like it will have to be changed. I am just thankful I have a good doctor (and good insurance).
Last Sunday, we had two visitors at church! It was a college student and his mother. The mother lives in another state, but the student says he will be back. By the way, a couple or three weeks ago we began, as a church, going on visitation. We go door to door handing out invitations to church. Glenn reminded us Sunday night that God is already blessing the effort- although we may not see any of the people we personally invite, God will bless what we do, perhaps with other folks coming as happened Sunday morning.
I appreciate those of you who are out there praying. I emotionally feel like I am in a strange place. I feel as if I am coming a bit out of the darkness, but the darkness is very real and looming, waiting to pull me completely back in. Just keep praying. Oh how I miss those who have recently gone! I just long to talk to my Daddy.... one day. One day.
3 comments:
Glad you're going to start taking some mental breaks! Sounds like a perfect thing for you to do!
Look to the Lord for strength, whatever the future holds! Oh how I'm praying!
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
Wow! You just changed your blog! I like it, very fall-y!
I love fall too, but what you're describing is dead of winter in our part of Texas!
We're having fall this week with mornings in the 50's and highs in the low 80's. Now, when it gets 50-70 that's perfect for me!
Some leaves are starting to let loose and fall, though. So it's really fall :O)
Glad to hear your taking some "you" time.
Love the new look!
Wanting you to know that I'm still here praying!
Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
Post a Comment