Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wow how time has a way of slipping by... just a few short years ago, this precious girl was tiny! She's still small for her age, but to be now in the double digits... it's amazing! I have a TEN year old!? wow....

I remember bringing Cala home and when describing her, we would say she was the joy of our lives. That has proven to be so for all those years now. She is a joy! Oh, she's not without her faults as none of us are (she needs a lesson in how best to share ;o) but many who know her LOVE her!

She enjoyed her birthday by having a girl from church over. Thankfully school was out at 12:30 today and will resume on Monday. This gave Cala a good day of
celebrating.













I know I've mentioned my inlaws are here. Yesterday, we took them to see where we baptized.
Here is Glenn with his Dad:
My father-in-law is from Mississippi. I think he really enjoyed standing out amongst the mighty Mississip- in Minnesota!

It really is a beautiful area out there, and the kids all had a great time.

Here is one that I just love- Brothers....
In the morning, we are leaving to go visit Minnesota's North Shore. I've heard from SEVERAL people how beautiful a drive it is. We are really looking forward to it. We are going to drive into Canada as well. I don't think I'll have net access so I'll check back in here on Saturday night or it may be Sunday before I blog. Either way, pray for us!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CALA! Looks like you had a wonderful day!
Typing up a sermon for my husband and he included this passage. What comfort these words give! Praying!
1 Peter 2:22-24 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

wheelchere said...

aww they do grow fast

Suz said...

Happy Birthday Cala. It looks like you all had a great day!

Anonymous said...

These words have always given me such great comfort. We have eyewitness testimony of our Savior! Know that I'm here praying as always!
1 John 1:1-4 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

Anonymous said...

I usually have the sound off when I travel through a lot of pages so when I pulled this page up it scared me! I had the sound turned up for some reason...oh well, I needed my heart jump started anyway.
When I share this passage I normally only include verse 4 but this whole section is really good. Continuing to pray!!!!!!!!!!!
Revelation 21:2-5 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.