Saturday, October 04, 2008

Hanging in....

Thought I would update that I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon. It was time to let her know that the Zoloft she put me on at the end of August was giving me side effects I just don't want to deal with... and so, she has changed me to Paxil. The night time pill (Trazodone) is working really well finally, and so I will stick with it for awhile at least. I am thankful this doctor is the kind that is slow to just give you a pill...but at the same time she realized I needed something and now realized I needed to try something different. I am to return to her in a month to update her how the Paxil is working. As she said, there are fortunately many choices out there that we can try until we find "THE" one.

AND... yesterday my baby man, Seth began a Friday morning pre-school class. He was so thrilled. Back last month, he was screened in accordance to Minnesota state law, that states that all children between ages 3 to 5 must have screening done in order to catch any potential delays. Well, we knew Seth was smart but we were all flabbergasted to learn that if it were possible to begin Kindergarten now, Seth is smart enough to do so!!!!

I home school Seth in pre-school, and every other week, we attend together a parent/child class. This class gives us the opportunity to play together, and then while Seth has snack and then a story, etc., the parents are in a room with a parent teacher. It's really a great time. However, an opportunity arose for Seth to attend this Friday morning class for two hours without me- a regular pre-school class. He is thrilled!!!! Here he is yesterday all ready to leave for his first day.


It was great fun hearing him talk about it when I went to pick him up! He's really something else!
This morning Ethan was whining and kept asking "Setttthhhhhhhh, are you going to play with meeeee?" "Settthhhhhh". Seth replies, "Ethan!!! Do dogs stand up?! NO!"
HA! Where DOES he get this stuff?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you switch meds that quickly? Hope this new one works!
Know that I'm here praying!!!
Psalms 63:1-2 O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.

Anonymous said...

Be very careful with Paxil. I was on it 7 years ago and after 6 months I had to go off it because I couldn't think straight or remember anything. I was walking away leaving water running and the stove on and forgetting about it. It scared Kevin half to death. When I finally realized what it was doing to me I got scared too and stopped cold turkey, which gave me severe vertigo for two weeks. My doctor wanted me to wean off, but I was too scared to take any more.

I did notice after 3 days on it that I couldn't hold a thought for very long, but just thought I needed to adjust to it. I hope it works better for you, but tell Glenn to keep a close eye on you while you're on it.

Praying for you!

Rhonda