Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Best News Ever!!!!

Hey! I have been offline due to a computer virus! It really wreaked havoc on our big pc. We hooked up our laptop to internet a few hours ago.

My brother and his wife, and their 12 year old daughter have been here the past week, and just went back to Florida Dec. 31st. (my brother's 50th birthday- they were scheduled for the 30th but due to a snow storm here, the flight was canceled.) We had a great time with them and are sad that they're gone.

HOWEVER- I am writing to say that at 12:05 a.m (just past midnight) January 1st, 2009- ETHAN WAS SAVED!!!!!!!!!! I spent 2 hours talking to him and Glenn had fallen asleep on the couch. Ethan kept talking to me asking more questions and finally said, "if Jesus is ready for me, I'm ready for Him!" :o) I can't tell you how happy this makes us! He called my Mama (even though it was by then after 1 a.m. there!) She was thrilled to talk to him and he had already talked to Glenn's parents. Everyone is of course happy and I believe my Daddy, Ethan's beloved Grandpa is praising the Lord with the angels tonight, rejoicing over his salvation!!!!!!!!

Just HAD to let ya'll know! Oh yes... this comes the day before Ethan's 6th birthday.

2008 was a terrible year for us....2009 has started out wonderfully!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A brand new year stands before us. Sometimes a new year is very hard to face. Other times a new year is welcomed with open arms, with hopes that it will be better than the last one was. However you look at it, know that every day of this new year is in the Lord's Hands. He's already there waiting for you with open arms. And I'm here praying as always.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Anonymous said...

Praying for your family!
Psalms 31:5 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.

Anonymous said...

Hope only in the Lord! Praying in Seattle!
Lamentations 3:22-26 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

Anonymous said...

This is AWESOME news, Amy! I'm celebrating & praising God with you!

Anonymous said...

Call upon the Lord! He hears! He answers according to His Will. Praying!
Lamentations 3:55-58 I called upon thy name, O LORD, out of the low dungeon. Thou hast heard my voice: hide not thine ear at my breathing, at my cry. Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon thee: thou saidst, Fear not. O Lord, thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul; thou hast redeemed my life.