Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Bit of Happiness

Amidst my stress, my sadness, my low points, God was gracious to send a smile my way. I have a facebook page and have tried for ages to find old classmates, but to no avail. A couple of weeks ago, a guy from the class just older than me found me. That was neat, but I really wanted to find my closest friends too, you know, the ones back then, that you thought you would never lose touch with! Tonight, I decided to try searching one guy's name that is less common again, and found him! Within an hour, I had found 4 other long lost friends from back then. I went to a small Christian school in Orlando and so we were a lot like family in those days.

It's cool to see pictures of these folks and see what they look like now. Funny how in my mind, they were frozen in time.

I thank God for the bit of sunshine he's sent my way tonight. Sunshine for the soul.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh I'm so happy for you!
Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers so very much!
John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Lynn said...

Still brokenhearted over your friend's loss...a parent's worst nightmare...
Praying right now!
Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.