Sunday, May 03, 2009

I thought it time for a change to the blog here and seeing how I am the Mama to 3 Monkeys (a.k.a. Cala, Ethan, Seth!), this background seemed appropriate. I might add here too that my children are so hip that while sitting in Burger King Thursday night, Seth proclaims, "hey! they're playing the Monkees!" Yes, my dear blog readers, my children can sing as loud as the rest of them- "hey hey we're the Monkees....." , "Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer".... The song playing though that night though was "take the last train to Clarksville and I'll meet you at the station..." Seth was ever so cute in Burger King singing right along.

Yes, my kids are cool! I really do get tickled because once Cala came home upset that no one in her class knew what she was talking about when she began saying, "na-noo, na-noo" as the night before we were watching "Mork N Mindy". I told her to go tell her teacher... she'd know... but then suddenly I remembered her teacher is in her late 20's (just a child to this 38 year old Mama- HA!) and probably wouldn't either.

Two weeks ago it was Ethan saying no one understood what he was doing when he made the sound Woody Woodpecker does! (can't figure how to spell that one! ha). I told him his dear teacher would- go say it to her. :o)

Yes, my kids are well rounded. They even know all about Howdy Doody thanks to their Grandparents. I couldn't begin to tell you about him though. Before my time just a bit. (just looked it up- it aired from 1947 to 1960.)

Spending the night with us? You might just hear , "Goodnight John Boy. Goodnight Mary Ellen."


10 comments:

PW said...

Don't you just love those old shows...they don't make them like they used to, do they? Neat background!

Anonymous said...

You're too young to know the Monkees!
Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!!!!!
Philippians 4:8-9 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Anonymous said...

These verses are so comforting. Continuing to pray!!!!!!!!!
Revelation 21:1-4 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Suz said...

I love your monkey blog!

Anonymous said...

Still praying in Seattle!
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

sharon :) said...

ROFL.....about the Monkee's song. Its great to hear from you about your children; I love reading about their lives.

My 10 1/2yr dd knows most of the words to the Beach Boys songs....her Dad is a big fan.

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm here praying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Psalms 91:3-4 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Amy. I know how bittersweet this day is for you.
Continuing to lift up prayers!
Psalms 91:14-15 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to let you know I'm praying!
Isaiah 12:2-3 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Anonymous said...

Praying right now!
Psalms 40:11-13 Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me. For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me. Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.