This afternoon got so rough with Ethan, that I finally called the C.I. team (Crisis Intervention). We keep their number on our refrigerator, have had it there for months now and I just hesitated to ever get them involved... I don't know... with every person we get "on board", it just feels like failure... I KNOW it's not our fault (nor is it Ethan's), but it's hard to get to the place to have to call in the "big guns".
They can't physically do anything, but can come in and de-escalate the situation, or at least try to. Ethan had calmed down by the time they got here (unfortunately, they are a ways away), but they came in and talked to him a bit... they stayed here nearly 2 hours and we signed paperwork allowing them to contact Ethan's "people" as they said... (his counselors, etc.).
At least, we can call the CI team if we are at our wit's end and feel the need to get ideas on what to try... The problem is that Ethan has become more and more violent lately.
After they left, we ate supper and within 30 more minutes, he was at it again. This time, he shoved me. It sent pain throughout my left arm and hand (I deal with chronic pain already).
All was well by bed time. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. The CI team will be back over the weekend (so I assume tomorrow afternoon).
1 comment:
Maybe you can get some tips on what to do when he hurts you!
Know that I'm still here praying!
Psalms 40:1-4 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
Prayer Bears
My email address
Post a Comment