Monday, October 05, 2009

Rough Day

I don't know that I can sufficiently describe this day- Sunday... other than to say, it was rough. Ethan was in such a strange, terrible state... we almost took him to the hospital. Yesterday was much the same.

Glenn and I (and Seth) are dealing with what feels like the flu. Whatever it is, we are sick. It adds to the stress of dealing with Ethan's rages. Yesterday, he started screaming in the middle of a rage, quite differently than ever before. We tried everything and decided to try our best to get him to fall asleep for a nap. I called my Mama and Glenn's parents and simply said, "can't talk now... pray!" They know by now what that means. They could hear Ethan in the background screaming. Ethan screamed at one point, "MAMA!!! Do you LOVE ME?!" I was heartbroken. He was crying, and I got on the floor, crawled to where he lay, rubbed his little ankles and feet and sang. I had no voice before it, but I tell you, God let me sing! Seth helped me...

Ethan loves the hymns, "Higher Ground" and "Come and Dine" and so we sang those as well as many others! Ethan mouthed a couple of words of "Come and Dine" and fell asleep. Praise the Lord!

We need peace in the house. Tonight, after such a rough day, we were reading the Bible, singing some songs, and the three kids sang beautifully together. They started getting silly and it was just great to see Ethan let loose like that. (and the other two as they put up with so much).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine having to deal with this. Praying so hard right now!
Psalms 40:17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to let you know I'm still praying!
Psalms 55:16-18 As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me.