Tuesday, October 06, 2009

This morning was one of those times that I am not sure how Cala and Ethan made it to the bus on time! It had to be God! Ethan had a rage this morning and that set the tone for the day.

Once the oldest two were securely on the bus, the other three of us lazed around. We are all so sick! (us and Seth). Glenn said I should go ahead and see about getting into the doctor's office for all three of us... so I called. The receptionist said that all calls like this are being directed to the nurse's phone as they are swamped with such calls. So swamped the nurse said, that they are simply saying not to come in, they can tell by the symptoms it's the flu... that more than likely, it's the H1N1 (swine flu).... and that if we came in, there's really nothing they can do, so she would tell me what they suggest... which of course is REST REST REST! She said to get plenty of fluids (Gatorade included), not to get out in the public, etc.

So thankful am I for our church members who went to Wal-mart for us on Sunday afternoon... however, I knew they were busy today with homeschool, etc. and we had quite a bit of stuff to buy... this flu caught us at a time when we really were low on supplies. SO, off to Wal-mart we went! Trying to be considerate of the general public, I covered up as much as I could.... we bought everything we could think of as a necessity so we won't possibly have to go back this week.

We noticed we were running late, but praise the Lord, we pulled up to our home when Cala and Ethan were walking up to the door! It was raining, so I was worried about them just standing out in it.

It took about 10 minutes of being home, and Ethan was at it. I got punched in the arm, Cala got hit in the back (remember she has Scoliosis!) and Ethan was just miserable you could tell screaming, crying, raging! It was pitiful.

I put Ethan in a wrestling hold (at least it seemed), on our bed and at long last he slept. Thank you Lord he slept!

I'm exhausted tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am so sorry about everything your family is going through. Praying as always!
Psalms 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

Anonymous said...

It's a privilege to be able to pray for you!
Revelation 1:5-6 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.